Thursday, 28 October 2010

MPD Class- 22nd October 2010: Skill Audit and SMART Targets

In this session we were asked to interview our colleague and present a report on the same. I worked in a group of three which were myself, Necla and Thanusha. I had interviewed Thanusha while she interviewed Necla and Necla interviewed me. In this session we were asked to inquire about our colleague’s career and personal targets and how are they willing to achieve those targets on the basis of following three categories:  Academic goals, personal life goals and career goals. After interviewing, we had to present a report of our colleague and upload it onto our portfolio.

This interview session actually formed the base of our task sheets which were required to be completed along with this coursework.

In task sheet 8, we had to mention about our personal skills and interest. While doing this task sheet I realised a few of my weakness which now I have to work on so that they do not obstruct my future career. I also came across my strengths as well which I need to keep improving over time. This has helped me in drawing down my career goals and being more specific to it.

In task sheet 9, we were asked to project and supplement information for 5 years from now. I had imagined myself having a very settled career as an Accounts Manager in a Company and having high responsibilities and how I can put an extra effort to progress in the Company. It has made me realise the fact of how important team work is when working in an organisation. Also, it has pointed out my management skills which I will tend to improve and build over time.

In task sheet 10, we were asked to derive our motivation towards our current academic and what future qualifications we want to achieve. I have also realised the importance of few subjects of my current academic which will be of prime importance in my future career.

After doing these three task sheet, I have started making plans of how to organise my career and what steps I need to take to achieve my career goals.  This assignment has made me realise as to what exactly I need to focus on and how to build a successful and good future.

No comments:

Post a Comment