In this session, we were introduced to various forms of learning and how can we identify which learning style best matches to us. We were asked to perform a task sheet in order to identify which learning style suits us and which we can implement and develop so that we become more effective and our level of understanding can be improved.
On completing this questionnaire, I was informed that I am an Aural Learner. An Aural learner is the one who absorbs information by way of listening to lectures or talks. However, the concept of these different learning styles was unclear to me, for which I had to research on them and had to understand the concept of these various learning styles. I had referred the below mentioned websites to clear my concepts regarding the same.
Websites referred:
After understanding the styles, I realised that I am not only an Aural Learner but also a Visual Learner. There have been instances when just by looking at a diagram/graph and a brief explanation of the same has made me understand the entire logic/concept of the topic in discussion. It is my regular habit to be an active listener during lectures and take notes which I can later refer and remember the discussion made on those notes. After identifying my learning style, I have planned to work on organising and maintaining specific approach to learning to improve my understanding and grasp information at a faster rate.
No comments:
Post a Comment