Saturday, 2 October 2010

MPD class: 1st October-Introduction

On Friday 1st October was my first session in Managing Professional Development. I personally had a brief idea about the module but was very eagerly to learn about this module. So I attended this session where we were asked to create a blog, something that I didn’t know about it. So each of us created a blog, which is said to be online diary. After doing that we had to create an online portfolio to store our work and to share relevant link with our tutor where we can keep our work up to date in the selected folders.

At the end of the session we were told to complete a personal skill audit task sheet. In this we had the sub heading of communication skills, IT skills, personal effectiveness skills and numeracy skills. In these we had to select five weaknesses in which we feel we are weakest in those. I noticed my weakest skill is written English under communication skills. I thought this was a really good task sheet to do as we came to know our weakness and also how to overcome our weakness through out the module.

After this task, I have starting working on my weaknesses and trying to put an extra effort to overcome them and improve my skills to a professional level.

2 comments:

  1. Good start... how about some images? Maybe related to skills development....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to reflect on each of the Tasksheets when you write your second blog entry.
    Try to do these as soon as you can after the session... it makes reflecting much easier. Also, it gives me something to read on a Sunday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete