After the lecture of Mr Andy Gillman, we were told to complete task sheet 12-14 which were about the same topic as to what the lecturer were talking during the session i.e. preparing for an interview.
Task sheet 12 is about making a list about the skills and attribute that may be asked by the interviewer. It required us to make 10 important skills and within those skills to give examples of real situation where you have demonstrated those skills. I found this to be really useful as it prepared us about the 10 skills in which the interviewer may ask in the interview.
Task sheet 13 showed me what all information will be helpful for a referee apart from our grades. This task sheet was really interesting and good practise as I always tell someone to be my referee either a teacher or manager. When it comes to teacher, they don’t really know you that well as they have a lot of student as well. Therefore by doing this task sheet it can help a person itself by asking themselves what their strength and progress is over the years. This benefits yourself and your teacher for giving you a good reference rather than knowing only your grades and attendance which going to get you that job.
In task sheet 14, we had to write a covering letter to an employer. We had to do this covering letter in such a way that it will interest employers and offer us for an interview. This was very new to me as I have never came across doing a covering letter for myself when applying for a job. It was a great challenge and a fun for me as I had to think a lot what to mention in this letter. But I remembered what Mr Andy Gillman said about selling yourself that’s why after considering this I wrote my covering letter in a good and professional way as to how business people will write.
At last, I can conclude this by saying that I believe doing these three task sheet gave me a better understanding about what I should do before the interview such as: covering letter, reference and 10 skills in which an employer may need to offer them a job. This has also helped me develop some skills about giving a good interview as I always used to feel nervous when going to any interview. This made me more confident and strong and also showed me that having an interview with business people is not as scary as you think…..
No comments:
Post a Comment